Looking for a local garage you can trust for a interim car service?
Below is a numbered list of all the items checked/done for a interim service:-
Note that any item below which is struck through is only available as part of the standard service and not the interim service.
PRE ENGINE CHECKS
- 1. Check vehicle history
- 2. Check timing belt replacement interval
- 3. Check for damage to bodywork, lamps, trims and oil level.
- 4. Fit protective covers.
- 5. Check condition and operation of all seat belts.
- 6. Check operation of all interior and exterior lights
- 7. Check operation of ABS and air bag warning lights.
- 8. Check air conditioning operation including bad odour.
- 9. Check windscreen washers and wipers
- 10. Check horn
- 11. Check operation of suspension dampers.
- 12. Lubricate all door hinges, locks and bonnet catch.
- 13. Apply treatments to remove internal contamination.
- 14. Check fuel cap.
UNDER THE BONNET
- 15. Check cooling system including fan operation
- 16. Check and record Anti-Freeze protection
- 17. Check and record brake fluid condition.
- 18. Check all auxiliary drive belts (Not timing belt).
- 19. Check engine breather system.
- 20. Check vacuum pipes.
- 21. Check power steering operation and fluid condition.
- 22. Check throttle body, clean if necessary.
- 23. Check battery level and lubricate terminals.
- 24. Check and top up all under bonnet fluid levels.
- 25. Replace air filter (where applicable).
- 26. Replace spark plugs (where applicable).
- 27. Replace fuel filter (where applicable).
- 28. Replace pollen filter (where applicable).
- 29. Change oil, filter and fit new sump plug washer.
- 30. Check fuel lines and brake pipes.
- 31. Check the condition and security of the exhaust.
- 32. Check and top up axle and transfer box oil levels.
- 33. Check and top up gearbox oil level.
- 34. Check all steering and suspension joints, mountings and gaiters.
- 35. Carry out tyre report.
- 36. Check all wheel bearings for excessive 'play' and noise (adjust).
- 37. Check CV gaiters and joints for wear or splits.
- 38. Check clutch cable/cylinder (where applicable).
- 39. Grease all greasing points (where applicable).
- 40. Check operation and condition of front brakes.
- 41. Check operation and condition of rear brakes (incuding the handbrake).
- 42. Carry out brake report.
- 43. Refill engine with specified grade oil.
- 44. Torque wheel nuts/studs.
- 45. Road test vehicle and report any findings.
- 46. Re-check engine oil level (where applicable).
- 47. Carry out emission report (where applicable).
- 48. Reset service interval indicator (where applicable).
- 49. Ensure all upholstery, gear lever, steering wheel etc. are clean.
- 50. Stamp service book(s).
Please don't hesitate to get in touch!
Call 07977 036032